Friday, January 15, 2010

Dear readers

My word! What a week this has been. So much sadness and drama and tears. I think I can easily say that most of this week would fall into the "top 5 worst weeks ever" category. I am working on a letter about the happenings this week, but it's not done yet. A lot of tears and brokenness comes pouring out.....so it's taking a bit long. But writing is good for me. It's helping me to make sense of it all, and to process what happened.

So in the meantime I'd like to tell you about a song i recently heard that really touched my heart. On Monday night i was chatting to a friend of mine, and he was telling me about the death of an ex-colleague, and how sad this made him. (That funeral is today btw....I'm thinking of you love) And then he sent me a song and asked me to listen to it and share my thoughts. I was so touched by it that i ended up finding the lyrics.

Terry's song
Well they built the Titanic to be one of a kind, but many ships have ruled the seas
They built the Eiffel Tower to stand alone, but they could build another if they please
Taj Mahal, the pyramids of Egypt, are unique I suppose
But when they built you, brother, they broke the mold

Now the world is filled with many wonders under the passing sun
And sometimes something comes along and you know it's for sure the only one
The Mona Lisa, the David, the Sistine Chapel, Jesus, Mary, and Joe
And when they built you, brother, they broke the mold

When they built you, brother, they turned dust into gold
When they built you, brother, they broke the mold

They say you can't take it with you, but I think that they're wrong
'Cause all i Know is I woke up this morning, and something big was gone
Gone into that dark ether where you're still young and hard and cold
Just like when they built you, brother, they broke the mold

Now your death is upon us and we'll return your ashes to the earth
And i know you'll take comfort in knowing you've been roundly blessed and cursed
But love is a power greater than death, just like the songs and stories told
and when she built you, brother, she broke the mold

That attitude's a power stronger than death, alive and burning her stone cold
When they built you, brother

How incredibly powerful is that???? We ended up having this whole discussion about leaving your mark and being so unique in who you are that there is truly no one like you. It was kind of ironic, having this discussion on Monday and then having my own drama with death on Tuesday.

Anyway, i just thought I'd give you guys some food for thought. I hope one day when I'm no longer around, I would have lived my life in such a way that people will remember me and say that i was one of a kind, the mold was broken after I was made.....a limited edition.

Love
Ruby
xxxxx

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Shame, Ruby shoes. My prayers are with you. And I can tell you now that you're one of a kind, my friend.

BioniKat said...

Too true and mostly its in the memories our friends and family have of us that we live on.

Ruby said...

Tam - Thanx love *hugs*

Momcat - this is too true:)