Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dear Matrics of 2000

So the big day finally arrived on Saturday...our 10 year reunion.  The weeks building up to this event have been filled with excitement, annoyance, stress and eagerness for me and JG who were organizing the event.  At first everyone was keen to attend, in fact they were mumbling and grumbling because up until the point of us organizing something nobody had even attempted to organize a reunion.

Then, as the RSVP deadline loomed closer everybody went dead quiet.  I had to send about a million reminders.  Then of course there were the people who only RSVP'd after the deadline, the ones who begged and pleaded with me to come even though they can only pay at a date after the actual reunion.  Eventually I agreed to let the one girl and her date come even though she wouldn't be able to pay before the 19th.  I would live to regret this decision.  The budget was carefully planned for the people who were coming, we didn't have any spare money, but there was enough for everyone.  Then this girl who didn't pay didn't pitch and now she's refusing to pay...even though i already spent the money on them.  To say i was extremely ticked off would be an understatement.

Anyway, back to the more pleasant memories of the weekend.  Not many people attended, but the ones that did really wanted to be there.  We had so much fun, catching up, talking nonsense, laughing a mile a minute and sharing good food.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that people do eventually grow up and change for the better and find that place where they are supposed to be.  Seeing this in my old school friends really made me smile.  It was a happy moment and a happy realisation.

My one friend brought her little girl along..she was too gorgeous and stole every body's hearts...including mine.  She spent the largest part of the evening with me, playing games, eating with me and just sitting on my lap.  If i ever have children i hope they are as chilled and easy going as that little girl!

Thank you for a wonderful day and a fun filled reunion...it was awesome to catch up with everyone.

Love
Ruby
xxxxx

P.S. I've attached a couple of random snapshots...sadly i didn't get pics of everyone who attended and obviously i couldn't post all the pics here....but here are a couple:)

P.P.S. Don't forget about my secret pet project! please remember to keep sending me your secrets!!!!

 
Ladies and gentleman, I present your entertainment for the evening:P Not really, but AH was definitely having a good night:)

 
Seriously...how adorable is this child??? This is not her dad BTW...it's JG, the old head boy

 
That would be me, paying attention to something that somebody was saying....or maybe just wondering what the hell they were on about.

 
*Snort* no comment!

 
These are the parents of the gorgeous little girl with number 2 on the way....i think he was trying to talk to his future son after having one too many

 
JG and his gorgeous wife:)

 
Mommy to be and our very own National angler.....yup, a girl that loves fishing..she actually has springbok colours.

 
My good friend Joe:) One of the few people i still have a lot of contact with.

 
Our resident trouble maker who seems to have calmed down quite a bit since becoming a daddy

 
She was pulling a face at the camera...so adorable:)

 
Joe and I....total posers

 
Mommmeeeee, I'm tired i wanna go hooooooome!

No comments: