Monday, March 1, 2010

Dear 2010

Let's face it...my year got off to a pretty rocky start. But looking at it as a whole, it hasn't been a bad year, or should i say, a bad 2 months. I've learned a lot, I've grown, I've met new people, I've done new things....all in all...not bad at all.

So here is a list of what I've learned so far:
- Life doesn't always work out the way we plan it..but when you make the best of what you've
got, life can be pretty awesome ;)
- some goodbye's are more painful than others
- I'm a lot stronger than i give myself credit for.....
- Tears aren't always a bad thing...sometimes they are crucial to the healing process
- i know a lot of amazing people who supported me more than could humanely be expected
of them in a time where i thought my world was crashing down around me
- Saying goodbye properly is important
- seeing a dead person is not a pleasant experience....ever...I'll be avoiding that in the future
- tell the people you love that you love them as often as possible...it's important
- Friends can be found in the most unlikely places
- sometimes it's better to cut your losses and move on
- don't be so scared of getting hurt that you don't let people into your most deepest of heart
places. You miss a lot of life experiences this way
- Best friends are the shit! #thatisall
- our capacity to love never ceases to amaze me
- it's ok to not be strong sometimes....that's what friends are for
- I have an incredible boss...and no, he doesn't read my blog, so I'm NOT trying to score
points here
- Sometimes dressing up pretty and getting a compliment can light up your life
- Learning to accept a heartfelt and honest compliment is a lesson everybody should learn
and apply
- surround yourself with the people that make you happy and excited about life
- Live passionately
- Most importantly i think I've learned that i have a pretty amazing life, with really awesome
friends and an even more incredible family....life is good :)

I look forward to the rest of the year. The things I'm gonna do and the people I'm gonna meet. *lifts glass* so here's to you 2010....now go and be fabulous!

Love

Ruby
xxxxx

2 comments:

Elise said...

Dear Ruby,

I'm sorry that the year has been tough so far x But I'm happy that you have found some kind of happiness in the darkness.

Elise xx

Ruby said...

Elise!!!! how are you??? it's been like forever! Thank you so much for the kind words:)