Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dear Drunk driver

Yesterday marked the 4 year anniversary or that dreadful night. The night you chose to do something irresponsible, the night that for a while I was convinced had ruined my life, the night that changed my life and me forever.

Now, 4 years down the line I can look back and see all the good things that came from it. I walked away from that accident a stronger person. More aware of how much the people around me cared for me. How incredibly blessed I am. And definitely a person who spends less time over thinking things, choosing rather to LIVE!

I wrote all of my feelings and all the details with regards to that accident 2 years ago here, and today i really can look back and say that so much have changed. No longer do i feel anger or resentment. I think, finally after 4 years, i have fully forgiven you. And I'm moving on completely.

I suppose I'll always remember 28 September. It was afterall a life changing experience for me....but maybe now I won't remember it with sadness and anger. But rather with celebration and thanksgiving.

Regards

Ruby

2 comments:

Patchwork said...

It's a good thing you have come so far in your healing. I applaud your courage in the face of such adversity.

Ruby said...

thanx hun:) and welcome to my little universe:)