Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dear Mrs Best Friend

So my dear chamberian, you are a miss no more. On the one hand I can't help but feel slightly sad in my heart....yesterday marked the end of an era for us. No longer will it just be the two of us....it'll be you guys and me. Sort of like our own little version of You, me and DuPre....just not quite so twisted:) But even with that slight little twinge of sadness in my heart, it is overflowing with joy. I am so incredibly happy that you found someone who treats you like the princess you are, who makes your heart beat fast, who sees all your mistakes and loves you because of them.

You were a beautiful bride, and the venue was absolutely gorgeous!! You went to a lot of trouble and did almost everything yourself...well my friend, you did good. Giving your guests little plants as a "thank you" gift was an awesome and totally original idea...and it certainly got a lot of attention. Also, please could you tell me where I can find a Sherry tree??? I'd love to be able to just walk into my garden and pick a glass of sherry.

I couldn't help but shed a tear as your father walked you down the isle. You stopping at 6 places along the way to get the 6 pieces of your bouquet. Oh and now that we're on the bouquet.....I was only kidding when I told you to aim for me when throwing the bouquet!!! I didn't actually want it..but here I am, sitting at home looking at the beautiful flowers I caught. Also, I'm trying to figure out what to do with the fake bling and veil I received as part of my prize.

Thank you for an amazing day! Thank you for being my best friend for so many years and thank you that you'll be a part of my life for many years to come. And tell that handsome groom of yours that I'm glad to add him to our little circle of trust. Oh, and one little piece of advice before I go.....ENJOY THE HONEYMOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love

Ruby
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My date and IWith the bouquet, fake veil and fake blingThe happy couple opening the dance floorI present Mr & Mrs Best FriendYou may kiss the bride

8 comments:

Vimbai said...

Awwwwwww bless, it looked like a lovely wedding!

So Ruby, should we be expecting a "Dear Groom" post soon...your date does look like a viable candidate, quite dishy :-)

Laura said...

Lovely pics :)

And what a totally amazing idea to give little plants and collect the 6 pieces of her bouquet - never heard of that before ;)

LOL well done on catching the bouquet ;-p

Ruby said...

Vimbai - It was awesome!!! Bwa ha ha ha...nah, I don't think there'll be a dear Groom post very soon:) As for my date, yes, quite dishy;p

Laura - Thanx sweety:) She's incredibly creative in general...I didn't really expect anything other than totally rad things at her wedding:) Bouquet is now proudly showcased in my little house:)

Unknown said...

Wow, so nice to see a pic of you, I always wonder what bloggers look like and wasn't sure if your profile pic was of you.

Ruby said...

Kitty - Oh, i've posted a couple of pictures before tho...when i was telling everybody about my cruise and all:) But I'm glad you finally got a look at me

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

your date looks real hot
and loved the idea of giving your guests trees as gift
am taking notes (wink)

Ruby said...

MisDefMaybe - Welcome to my little world:) Yep, he's super hot*wink*

Glad i could assist in the gathering of ideas for someday:)

AngelConradie said...

Fabulous! You look gawjiss when you smile…